What to do now ahead of the storm if you have not done by now (which you should have)
We know there’s a chance of bad weather coming our way this weekend and being prepared is key.
There are things you can do and buy now that might make the coming days and the rest of Hurricane Season a little more bearable.
- Go to the grocery store. Get the essentials and nonperishable food items.
- Head to the gas station to fill up your tank.
- Go to the bank or ATM so that you have any cash you might need for the next few days.
- Sign up for text alerts at your local emergency center.
- Purchase items like a portable charger in case you’re in a place where an outlet is unavailable.
- Look into your flood insurance and make sure you have everything you need.
- Go around the house and take photos of any items for insurance purposes.
By following these few simple steps you can be prepared now for the coming storm regardless of how bad it gets.