Here some verified facts thus far about Hurricane Laura pertaining to the State of Texas.
- Texas Gov. Abbott has declared a disaster in 62 TX counties. President Trump has done this also.
- I-10 is open to the Texas/LA border.
- 160,000 Texans are without power as of 1p.m.
- 8,500 people have been provided shelter.
- Unconfirmed report of 1 death in Sabine County.
- Rolling “brownouts” are occurring in East Texas and the Houston area to relieve pressure off of the grid. This is normal.
- Winds exceeded 80 mph and the storm surge was an estimated 2.5 to 3.5 feet at Sabine Pass, Texas.